Most of the HP users have came across this HP printer incomplete setup error even when you have completed the HP printer setup. If you are also one among them undergoing this error, this article is for you. We will curate a detailed list of troubleshooting tips for you to overcome this issue with ease. Read along to know more.
Start off with finding the error type
Based on the displayed error code in the printer control panel, the error varies. For example, UA_200_OWSVD00001 conveys the HP printer registration error error, UU_400_EB000U0004 or OW_500_OWSID00001 conveys the HP printer incomplete setup error. If you receive the incomplete error message, you have to complete the setup in case of registration issue, continue with the troubleshooting.
Then try resetting the printer
If it is a minor connection or the hardware issue, resetting the printer can help you resolve the HP printer registration error issue
- To perform this, turn off your HP Printer
- Then remove the power cord from the computer
- Remove the power cord from the wall outlet too.
- Wait for a minute or two
- Now reconnect the power cord directly to the wall outlet
Keep in mind HP advises to connect your printer directly to the wall outlet. Connecting the printer through surge protector can cause power fluctuation and improper supply which can hinder the normal printer working process.
Now, check your printer status with HP smart
- Wait for the printer to complete the reset process
- After that open the HP smart in your device
- Now check the status of your printer
- If you see ready to print option displayed with a green tick then your printer is ready to print
- If it prompts to complete the printer setup, go ahead and complete the setup process
- On the other hand, if you see the error you need to continue with the troubleshooting process
Reset the printer factory settings
You can reset the printer factory setting by signing in to the HP Smart website account. Follow the below steps for the sign in process.
- From your computer or the mobile device, navigate to hpsmart.com.
- Analyze the information displayed on the dashboard display
- If you don’t find your printer name in the list,you have to complete the printer reset process
- In case if you find the standard dashboard, you can move on to the next troubleshooting step
Steps to reset your HP printer to its default factory settings
Before starting with the resetting the printer settings will completely get erased which cant be reversed at any cost. We will comprise the resetting process based on printer with and without touchscreen panel.
- For printers with touchscreen, click on the setup icon
- Then in the following screen, choose Printer Maintenance option
- From the upcoming screen, select Restore and choose Restore Factory Default option
- If you see a confirmation message in the control panel, click continue option
- Wait for the printer to complete the reset process and continue with the upcoming process
- For printers without touchscreen panel, you have to access the printer settings from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Open your HP Smart app and navigate to the printer settings
- In the upcoming screen,select the Advanced Settings option and choose tools option
- This will open the EWS page
- If this doesn’t open the EWS, you can print a Network Configuration or Printer Information page
- Press the information button on your printer control panel to print the Network Configuration page
- Note down the IP address and enter it in the browser of your choice
- This will open up the EWS page of your printer
- From the EWS page, navigate to the settings tab and choose Restore Defaults or Services option
- In the following page choose Restore Factory Defaults and tap on the Restore Factory Defaults button
Wait for the printer to complete the rest process and continue with the troubleshooting process.
Follow the guidelines to setup the printer online
- Initially, download and install the HP Smart app from the HP official site
- Then open the application to choose, skip for now if the home screen of the application asks to add printer
- To access the HP Smart features, you can hit on the sign-in button
- Simply follow the on screen guidelines to find the verification code if any prompt ask you for it
- Then you can click on the set up a new printer option if you need to connect with the new or existing system
Now if you have a printer without the touchscreen control panel, you can click on the info button. In case of touchscreen control panel, you can click on the check mark button.If you still face any difficulties with the printer setup process, you can restart your HP smart app. Once restarted, you can the printer fresh in the application. And continue to finish the printer setup process. This will efficiently help you fix the two of the issue that we have discussed in the blog called the HP printer incomplete setup error and the HP printer registration error.
End it with service
If none of the above steps have helped you with solving the issue, it is time for your printer to have some professional service which can be offered by HP. On having warranty and guarantee that is within the stipulated period can help you with this process.
While configuring many of us may undergo a lot of confusions as a first time HP printer user or the person with little to no technical knowledge. It is ok to have errors and there are a lot help found to help you out of the mess. And our blog is one among them assisting you to over come the incomplete setup error.