Note: Almost all the wireless printers manufactured in the year 2010 and later are compatible with HP smart app.
Download, install and run the HP Smart app
- Firstly download the HP Smart app for Windows or Mac platform from their respective online store.
- You need to create a new HP account to reach all printer services if using it first time on your device.
- Otherwise, you can sign in with your HP login details.
- Make sure your Mac or Windows 10 based computer or laptop and Android, iOS, iPadOS based smartphone, or tablet connect to your local wifi network.
- Ensure the strong strength of network signals for the setup process.
- You need to place the printer near the Wi-Fi router during the setup process.
- Now turn ON your HP printer.
- Next, you need to open the HP Smart app and click on the plus (+) sign to add your printer to wifi.
- Now click on the HP printer setup button on the HP smart app.
- Next, it will ask you to enter the Wi-Fi password of your router that is the WEP or WPA key.
- Now HP smart app will begin the connection process between the printer and the local wifi network.
- Next, you are suggested to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
- Finally, click on the exit button when your hp printer is connected to the wifi.
Read more troubleshooting guides for: