General instruction for Brother wireless setup
Before starting with the Brother Printer wireless setup, you have to collect and made some prior arrangements for a seamless wireless connection setup. First, make a note of the network name (SSID). Then the network key (password). Find them on the side description of the access point or the router. If you can’t find it there, check the documentation that came along with the router.
- Initially take your power cord and connect it with the wall socket and Brother Printer
- Now turn on your printer
- Then press the menu button from the printer control panel
- Use the navigation button to choose the Network option and click ok
- In the following page use the navigation button to choose the WLAN option and click ok
- Again use the navigation button to choose the Setup Wizard option and click ok
- In the upcoming WLAN Enable? The message, choose Yes
This will enable the wireless network and start the wireless setup wizard. Now you can see that your Brother printer begins to search for networks and lists the available network. Choose your network and press ok. If the process is complete you can get a connected message. If not the machine will print a wireless connection report. Check the error code and troubleshoot the issue.
Quick steps for Brother device wireless setup with WPS method
For WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you have to make sure that your Wi-Fi access point/router contains a WPS symbol indicating that it supports the WPS method. Then know the Wi-Fi access point/router Wi-Fi signal range and place your printer within the range.
- Initially press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi access point/router
- Then press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer for about 5 seconds
- You can see the blinking Wi-Fi indicator with blue light turning into steady blue light
This indicates the establishment of wireless access between the printer and the devices (computer/mobile) connected to the same network.